Saturday, April 12, 2008

Work-Week Round-up

I can't round up the weekend yet, it's barely gotten underway. Dan and Fern left at 4:30 this morning for Richmond, she had ice time for compulsories at 8:15. Kevin is at swim-n-gym and I'm supposed to be packing to go down as soon as he's done. She's got a program competition at 4:20 this afternoon, then two more things tomorrow.

I got back from San Francisco around midnight Thursday and went into work on Friday. I was so tired. I would have skipped work altogether, but my boss didn't want me gone all week on travel in the first place, so I dragged my butt in. Man, there was a lot of work to do, (real work got in the way of blogging—I hate that) but I did cut out two hours early anyway to try to catch some time with Dan since it was his birthday. I remembered to buy the gift before I left town, but didn't remember to get a card. I got him a bluetooth gizzy for his phone so he can shift gears and drive and talk at the same time. Next year is his milestone birthday so I need to start concocting a cool present plan now, he's used up all the good ideas on me, so it'll take me a while to work it all out for next year. Maybe with the new administration next year, the dollar will be stronger and a European cruise will work out. That, or a new lawn mower.

5 comments:

Dtodd said...

Isn't a lawnmower for your husband as much a faux pas (pardon my French) as a vacuum cleaner for one's wife?

Anne said...

Wasn't that kinda the point, to list something so totally bad everything else would be great?

Lorraine said...

You can't go wrong with candlesticks.

Ed & Jeanne said...

I gave up my Euro tour this summer because of the cost of tickets and hotels and food. Really expensive. Not sure if I'll even try to replace the plan or not. I'm still going to Belize and Guatemala in June though.

Linda said...

If he's anything like my husband, he'll want the lawnmower... a riding one. For a quarter acre. Covered with 85% garden. 10% Dirt. 5% Lawn. Couldn't even make one turn on it. But he drools every time we walk by them in Lowes....