Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Photos for Tuesday

Fern's costume is almost done, here she is trying it on. The pattern was designed for a very buxom 12 year old. I'm going to have to make some alterations to the bodice! I feel like a contestant on Project Runway. She still needs to find some wings and legwear before the weekend.


The other day I had to leave work early and found this in front of my car in the garage.
The key was not in it but I was able to put it in neutral and roll it out of the way. I'm kicking myself for not rolling it back, or even into the parking space. Oh well.

About a month ago I posted a picture of landscaping efforts within the view of the window near my cube:


This is what it looks like now:



I should have taken a photo every day for a "flip book." Oh well.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for your sewing ability. Fern looks darling!!!

Yay for the landscaping at the project, even if it is far too little!!

John said...

What greeny said. A flip book would be cool. That gives me some ideas. Thanks

Gnomeself Be True said...

Great job on the costume.
She's a doll.

just me said...

is the landscaping done? or will there be more added in the spring?

btw, fern does look cute. unfortunately for my kids, they will not be trick-or-treating this year because they have hebrew school on wed nights.

Anne said...

They are not done with landscaping. More pictures to follow.

Fern will be going to a party on Saturday and Sunday is "Trunk or Treat" at CCPC, send D over if he wants to do the craft/game/candy thing. (3-5pm)

just me said...

to tell you the truth, I was hoping to avoid the Halloween thing altogether... and ever since we told them they could not go out Wed night (that rabbi is such a meanie!) they have wisely shut up about it (not their usual technique for dealing with such matters. But will keep it in mind if D starts complaining.

AM Kingsfield said...

I'm so impressed that you moved the utility truck in the parking garage. I would have waited, or tried to find someone. You are so smart! - not to mention talented!

Lorraine said...

Wow. Cute costume. Cute kid, too.

Jenny said...

delurking through Iamnot.... just want to say that is a great costume.

You're a good Mom.

Linda said...

I think my Fern has some wings if your Fern wants to borrow them. She had the very same costume a few years ago but it did not come out anywhere good as yours! You're amazing!