Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kitchen Renovation Week 5

It's getting there. The painters will come in next week. You can see the seams on the back splash tile and they are wider than I'd like in places. And I selected off-white grout, so, of course, the mismatched seams stand out. Argh. I'm going to try to live with it for a while and go with my back-up plan if I can't stand it. That would be to grout over the existing "Silk" with "Cinnamon," a color that is closer to the tile color. Then the seams should nearly vanish. Why I didn't think of that after I saw the seams is killing me.



For the most part my husband has left all the decisions to me, which is usually fine. The other day Husband and I were at Target and I picked out and bought two stools for the counter while he was off window shopping with the kids. The stools match pretty well with the cabinets. Modest, nothing crazy (lower right in photo). Yesterday, he and I were in the Target close to the office at lunch to buy pants for our ever-growing son—another story entirely. He sees these (in a dark red): and wonders why we couldn't have had these instead. Sheesh. I say the ones I bought still have the tags on them, we can exchange them. No, that's alright. Criminey, I like these, but didn't pick them because I thought the others went better and were less expensive, but if you like them, then why not? You just can't win.

7 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

Real men don't do exchanges! They just don't. We'd rather suffer with our initial stupid decisions.

Mom said...

I like the kitchen - especially the tomatoes on the window sill. All kitchens look better with home grown tomatoes.

Bobkat said...

That's a great looking kitchen! I bet you end up redoing those seams, it sounds like they're nigling at you!

Thanks for dropping by my blog via Michele's. It's always nice to meet new bloggers!

John said...

The kitchen looks very nice. Mine still looks like the aftermath of huricane katrina. But that was the way it was when we moved in so why mess with a good thing, right?

BreadBox said...

I have to admit that our tastes seem to converge in everything in the kitchen except for the stools! I think that they look too modern to have (so you should keep the ones you've got!)

Glad the cheese worked out:-)
N.

Unknown said...

Spif-FY! I love the look and the idea of color on color with the tiles and grout is perfect.

I like the mod stools but they are a bit of a mod style. They are fun and funky though, for sure.

Lorraine said...

I have friends who have those mod stools. They are super groovy looking and surprisingly comfortable.

Like you need yet another opinion on that subject.

The kitchen looks superfantastic.