Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Blooming! and other discoveries

When I got into the office this morning I was delighted to find my oncidium orchid (Sweet Ears 'Pacific Gold') had started to bloom.

Apparently, I have an accent. Saturday, I went to my niece's house warming party. One of her other guests asked me where I was from, that I didn't have the typical 'Maryland' accent and couldn't place what accent I did have. I was kinda flabbergasted. I don't have an accent. Moi?

A couple of trees in our yard sustained damage from the seven feet of snow we got this past winter. I finally called a tree company to take care of the damage. $1475 to remove two trees and trim some branches! Yikes. Seems high to me so I called another company and they'll be out tonight.

I have nineteen Girl Scout vests in queue to be worked on before school starts. I'm ignoring them and have been. I'm out of glue sticks and have been waiting for the stores to start with their back-to-school sales so I can stock up. I use the glue to hold the badges in place while I sew them down. I've also been procrastinating on the badge work because I want to take July off, and because I need to get other projects worked on, like the baby quilt I posted blocks for the other day.

No way I have an accent.
 

3 comments:

just me said...

I have to say I'm not surprised at the tree-removal quote. Every time I've had to have it done, no matter where I've lived, it always costs a small fortune.

FWIW, I don't think you have an accent either :)

AM Kingsfield said...

Nope, no accent. But I bet she had one. Maybe it was just the way you say I-Ther instead of E-ther for the word either.

I have new blooms on the pretty pink orchid you gave me, thank you very much.

Linda said...

How exciting! My orchid is going no- where, thanks for sharing yours!