Friday, April 17, 2009

I just turned my back for a second...



I've wanted to post this picture for a while. Kevin brought me my phone one day to show me the letters he had photographed. I didn't even know he had it. He figured out how to turn on the phone, open the camera, and press the shutter button. Several times.

Kevin started forming an attachment to my iPhone and I was afraid I'd never be able to use it again. He decided it belonged in his hands or in the charger, and he would get upset if I tried to make a call with it.

Dan and I ended up buying him his own "iPhone," an 8gb iTouch, (much to the chagrin of Fern, of course) so I could have my phone back. I loaded it up with a bunch of free apps and a lot of his favorite music. He loves it and it doesn't matter it's not really a phone, even though that's what he calls it.

Oh, and he LOVES the iPhone ads on TV. He has to rewind them and watch them over and over again, they make him giggle and smile.

I just wish they made the iTouch with a camera in it, I'd love to see more of Kevin's art. Maybe if I'm brave, I'll let him use my phone again.
 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Autism is just so very strange. Your beautiful boy walks to his own drummer.