Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Progress

Our quilt guild's show is this weekend and I have two quilts to be shown. I still need to get them finished first!

If you're in the area, please stop by the show, details can be found here: Southern Comforters

Here's the quilt I'm still quilting. I'm almost done, maybe 5 or 6 more hours of work. I've to two more of these 'trilliams' to do and two feathers to fill in (notice the difference between the two feathers at the top of the picture).


Here's a larger picture of it.


It still needs to be trimmed and bound, then washed to get all the markings out. I did an experiment the other day with kids' washable markers. Some aren't. But the black one from the dollar store did wash out of the test fabric so I'm hopeful it'll wash out of the quilt.

After I get the quilts done, it'll be time to get the sewing room in order. I bought a new table for my machine which I'm excited to put it in place and use but I didn't want the room to be unusable until the quilts are finished. Whew.

I'll post pictures of the table soon. Maybe a whole before and after thing of the room make-over.

1 comment: