Friday, February 01, 2008

Another day, another rambling

No-one bit on yesterday's Ferris Bueller reference. Oh well.

The kids had a 2-hour delay this morning, I guess because parts of the county had sleet & freezing rain and the roads were bad. We just had a lot of rain at our house. I got another couple loads of towels in this morning while I was waiting for the buses. The laundry pile is slowly shrinking. I'm almost down to "maintenance" level.

Lost went back on the air last night after a 8 month hiatus. Having Lost back really puts a hamper (ha ha) on my laundry accomplishments. And other household duties as well.

I'm glad Lost is back, I really like the show. Fern didn't like it when it premiered in 2004, it was too bloody. But now she's into it. I have a coupon for 40% off DVD sets at Borders so I guess I should get season three so I'll have a whole set so she can catch up with the whole story. Which means I need to track down season I lent to AM.

I read somewhere they only had eight episodes written before the strike started so I'm not sure how that'll play into the plan they made last year to have three more seasons in the show's run. Will they make a shortened season box set or will they wait for a full 16-episode season? I ponder the silliest things.

The strike is messing up a lot of things, not just my TV watching. All the folks with jobs in the TV business are out of work still, the caterers and the camera operators, and the like. I'm thankful I have a good job.

And now, I leave you with a photo I snapped the other morning on the way to said job. A storm front was rolling through and the clouds were awesome. Too bad I couldn't park and set up a tripod for a better shot.

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry...funny thing is, when you said that "anyone, anyone" the FB wire tripped but it's too late now.

I hate the writer's strike. It's ruining my life.

Groovy clouds.

Ed & Jeanne said...

"...it's so choice... if you have the means... I highly recommend it."

Who can pass on a Ferris Bueller reference?! Sorry, I missed your post so I didn't get a chance to catch it. I used to give my niece a Ferris trivia contest every time I saw her. We got very detailed toward the end...stuff like how many ladies was Ferris dancing with on the float...

kenju said...

Michele sent me, Anne. I have watched Lost since it started, but last season I only caught parts of it and so now I am somewhat Lost myself....LOL. The new shows this week didn't do much to help that.

Anonymous said...

Anne,

I caught your comment on Carmi's blog and thought I'd pop over here to have a look-see.

I've not been a big fan of Lost. Not sure why other than I didn't really even try to jump in until too much "stuff" had happened and I wasn't willing to invest the time to figure out what was going on. I can see how it would be a good show.

The writer strike has stopped my beloved "Office". No words can describe the irritation :)

Nice blog!

I end this overly-long comment with this final quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off:

Ed Rooney: "I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind."

Weeping Sore said...

Loved the sky! I've been lurking on your blog for a while, and I enjoy how you make everyday life special by your take.

Another unintended consequence of the writer's strike is that movie stars aren't all over the news pitching their latests movies. We actually have to read reviews to find out what's playing.

just me said...

I find that tv-watching while folding laundry is the only way I can get through that hateful task.

I'm not much of a network-tv watcher... lately I've been watching too much Food Network. (Did you see the "Dinner Impossible" episode at the MD Renaissance Fair? What a hoot!)

Happy Super Bowl!

AM Kingsfield said...

Do I still have that?

I liked the idea of Lost,but they lost me when it went sci-fi.

I resent tv for the addicting nature of it. Just think how productive our society would be if we all watched less.

Lisa said...

Lost is back, baby, but I have to watch it again due to all the things Imissed, according to the lost easter egg site. Damn, I hate that. I used my 40% for season one of Torchwood (how I love the BBC). As for the strike, I finally have a way to 'tivo' HD tv off my computer but there is nothing new to record!