Friday, August 24, 2007

Meet My Brother


My little brother, sorry, younger brother is the taller of the two, about 6' 7" and today is his birthday. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures of him when we got together earlier this month to show him off properly. He is heavily involved in a church-based youth soccer league and loves it, he really likes working with the kids and seeing their skills improve.

Many years ago he married a woman who shares my first name so her married name is the same as my maiden name. I like my sister-in-law so it's OK, but you can imagine the confusion it causes. Like the time my dad never called me to tell me my Grandma was ill. Mom: Did you call Anne? Dad: Yes. Actually she had gotten sick in October and at Thanksgiving I was told "...we won't be going to the beach at Christmas if Grandmother doesn't get better..." Huh? What are you talking about? Boy, was I mad.

Anyway, this is not supposed to be about my parents, it's to wish Happy Birthday, Little Brother! I love you, have a good day.

5 comments:

Maddy said...

How funny! That must cause no end of confusion.
Best wishes

Unknown said...

My mom and my sister-in-law are both Pats. They married Charles, one Senior and one Junior.
So my mom is Pat1 and my s-i-l is Pat II. Pain in the ass is what it is>

Lorraine said...

Happy birthday, bro!

AM Kingsfield said...

Wow. I know you said he was tall, but 6'7" is hard to picture.

julie said...

My brother-in-law and my mother are both named Dean Stone.