Thursday, February 01, 2007


Here are my blue-greens after the first rinse. There is still a lot of errant dye in there to get out, so it may take a few attempts to get the water to run clear. The rinsing is the not-so-fun part of dyeing fabric. Sometimes you think the water will never run clear and your hands will always look like you stole them from a smurf. Or, when the water finally does run clean you do a final wash in synthrapol and the water is blue again, way blue.

The furnace guys are installing the new 90% efficient unit today. There was a miscommunication about the humidifier to be installed. I thought it was included with the furnace, but it was only included when I bought a whole system: heat plus air. I didn't want the whole system now, (more like I didn't want to spend that much now) so the humidifier wasn't included. (So it is included with the air conditioner? No.) When I said I only wanted the furnace, I meant I didn't want the air, He thought I meant I only wanted the furnace.

It just made me very, oh jeez, I don't even know the word for it, tricked? What it boils down to, I think, is salesmen. I always feel I've been slimed. Dan and I joined a gym about 10 years ago, we wanted to, but after the whole sales process I felt like I never wanted to go to the gym again and canceled as soon as we could. Ever feel like this?

2 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Anne,
this looks cool. What want you to do from the materials?

Lots of love Karin

Anne said...

Karin, Thanks for stopping by!

I'm working on a quilt pattern that will use all eight of these new fabrics, stay tuned for pictures!