Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'm sitting in the lobby of a Holiday Inn Express in Ft. Lauderdale, munching on my free breakfast. My husband found an incredible fare on Spirit Air and here I am. By myself. It's kinda cool, and a bit scary traveling alone. I've got a tee time later this afternoon and tomorrow at 2:00 at a golf resort (I'll be checking in there later today, too). I've been told it rains every afternoon so maybe I'll try to move tomorrow's tee time up in the day.

The flight down yesterday was two and a half hours and of course I checked in early like a good traveler, so I knit (knitted?) a lot. I got the heel done on the sock and now I'm working down the foot. I also got another inch or two done on the sweater.

The hotel is a block away from many restaurants so I walked over to a Thai place for dinner. There was lightening in the distance, but it wasn't raining. Right as I paid my check the skies opened up and poured. And poured. I sat on the bench outside the restaurant (talking to my mom on my cell) and waited. The waiter from the dinner came out several times and walked people to their cars with umbrellas and offered to take me to mine, but I told him I walked over from the hotel. Ten more minutes go by still pouring and he comes out again. On his way back in he offers me the umbrella. Yay! Now I just have to get it back to them. Maybe I should drive it over there instead of walking.

4 comments:

John said...

I was thinking, your house sounds like a very happy family. Just thought I'd mention that.

Maddy said...

I'm all for the high fibre diet but personally I'd cut out the basket eating, could be some pretty dire consequences.
Cheers
nip on over and pick up your award.

Lorraine said...

Have a fun time!

just me said...

Glad to hear you're having a getaway. How thoughtful of hubby to arrange it for you.

Having nothing to do with that, when you have a chance, check out this website: www.israel21c.com for a story about a resort in Israel designed for families with autistic kids.