Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Stung

I deliver chocolate milk to The Boy's room, he likes a glass of frothy goodness before bed. The Girl's door is cracked, I see the blue light emitted from the TV, Gilmore Girls flickering into the air. Her head's on the pillow, her eyes are closed. She likes to fall asleep with the TV on, "it helps her." sheesh. I know she's faking it, there with her eyes closed, much too perfectly. I want her to know I know she's not asleep. I whisper: "You want $20?"

"Really!?"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo, you are an evil parent! Good for you!

Lorraine said...

Bwahahahaha! I'm SO using that line!

John said...

That was goooood!

carmilevy said...

That is SUCH a great idea! Our kids pull the same fake-sleep thing every night. Nothing like a little currency-mention to test their truthiness.

Sorry for always being adjacent to you on Michele's today...not sure what's going on. It's not deliberate, I swear! :)