Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm so excited, I was invited to be a charter member of a new quilting bee. We had our first meeting last night, two main activities were working on a Christmas quilt for our guild's Quilt Bingo night in the fall and coming up with a name for our new bee. It's got to be repeatable in front of a priest. Rockin' Bobbins is a front runner. Any other ideas?

I'm glad to be in this group. I've been in a rut creatively lately, so just working on the group quilt last night has started the juices moving. They are not flowing yet, but the winter of my rut is over.

I pulled out a quilt I had started for Fern. I began it ten or eleven years ago. It's a Irish chain in white and green with a beautiful Hoffman grape vine print border. I started to hand quilt it, and quit working on it probably 7 or 8 years ago. Except for the border, its about five-sixths done. So close, yet so far away. The girl wants a quilt and she said I didn't have to finish it by hand. That's a load off!

And now I have a goal for the month of June: Finish Fern's quilt. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

You can get so much more done when you chuck perfection out the window!
Can't wait for the pictures!