Friday, September 19, 2008

Twenty-Five or -Six to Four

My watch is still acting goofy. Several times in the last week it's gotten off.

It's not slowing down gradually or stopping completely like it needs a new battery. That would be too easy. And very helpful.

Instead, it'll be keeping perfect time, then the next thing I know, it's wrong. Wednesday I looked at my watch after my massage therapy appointment and it said I should be walking into the appointment, instead of out, it had gotten off by more than an hour sometime during the afternoon. Thursday, it was fine. I'm baffled. Maybe I'm caught in some kind of time-turner thing like in Harry Potter. Maybe I've been given a chance to take a mulligan?

Now I have to check it frequently with the USNO atomic clock. I like to know exactly what time it is, I'm kinda weird like that.

8 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

I don't even own a watch.

"Does anybody really care?"

John said...

I have the same problem. My watch always screws up when I wear it in the shower. the only thing I can figure is that there is a time warp right outside my shower curtain.

Unknown said...

The only thing I use a watch for is to tell me how late I am to everything.
I can't seem to keep a watch either. Problems from not running correctly to falling apart abound.

John, is it a waterproof watch?

just me said...

if your watch makes you crazy, just use your cellphone. they are always right, and even change when daylight savings time ends (and starts). One less thing to obsess about :)

AM Kingsfield said...

HAve you seen "Stranger Than Fiction"? Maybe your watch is trying to save your life.

Ed & Jeanne said...

There are some days I could clearly not want to live over ala Harry Potter...

MarkEC said...

There are watches out there that connect to the atomic clocks and reset themselves all the time. I fall into the camp of using my cell phone... I always seem to have it with me, except when I need to know what time it is. ;-)

Anne said...

I can't go with the cell-phone-as-a-time-piece thing, I need to know how late I am when I've been lollygagging in the shower.