Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Instead of a post recaping my weekend, I'm writing from the waiting room of the auto dealership waiting for the van to be repaired. On the way back from the retreat center yesterday the engine got rough and accelerated poorly. I wondered more than once if I was going to make it home. I thought I'd gotten a bad batch of gas so I put in a bottle of dry gas. It sounded and felt better on the drive to work this morning, so I was hopeful. Phil, the techno wiz-kid I work with, has a friend with a OBD gizmo and got the error codes for me. It wasn't good news. So, that's how I got here. Lovely. Just plain lovely.

7 comments:

Gnomeself Be True said...

Bad catalytic converter...I'm just guessing.

Ed & Jeanne said...

I had dry gas once...too much freeze dried camp food... ;)

Anne said...

It was the coil on cylinder #1 that went bad.

The engine light is now off, but the catalytic converter is next, but after last week and now this week, it'll have to wait.

ve- oh, camping food. Yum.

Unknown said...

Car problems are crappy. So much better stuff to spend time on. But as my dad said all the time- "That's the price you pay for adultery" meaning, of course, that's what you have coming with adult life. He said it all funny- like....

Anne said...

Greeny- I'll have to remember the adultery comment, that's funny!

John said...

I thought they did away with coils due to Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Sling said...

It's cheap gas.
And by cheap,I don't mean inexpensive,..Oil company's adjust the octane of their fuel by season..come Spring,your car will run better!
..and they can logically raise the price.