Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tip of the Iceberg

Yesterday was my birthday, and before I go into a head-long explanation about what a delightful day it was (except for one thing), I want to get your opinion on something.

Fern and I are eating dinner at Zaytinya in downtown DC. Long story short, the bill comes, it's $41.80. I only have twentys so I put three in the folder and wait for my change. The waitress brings me back a five and six ones for a total of $11. Needless to say I expected $18.20. What the heck? I took my change and left, because I really didn't have time to wait around for a manager or an explanation, we had a show to get to.

What do you think I should do now? What would you do? I know where I'm going to start, but I'm not sure how far I should take my complaint.


 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

At the time of the incident, you just needed to say to the server something like "Oh, you have have confused this with another bill. I'm expecting more change.' It was probably an oversight. The server probably pulled two singles instead of 5s.

Ed & Jeanne said...

You should have demanded free meals for the rest of your lives for the inconvenience and deceipt! Well, that's what the gnomes suggested you do...