Friday, April 03, 2009

Now What?

OK, remember last week I ordered a bunch of make-up from Smashbox? It was ordered though the personal shopping department at the Annapolis Nordstroms. When I saw the total on the original order I gasped, to my self, but I was taken aback, nonetheless. It was more than I wanted to spend, but I went with the flow since I was having a good time that evening.

I waited and waited for my shipment, excitement waning each day. The box of stuff came on Wednesday, via UPS ground. When I opened it and saw the actual cash register receipt, I was beside myself. It totaled about $25 more than what I expected, which originally was a lot more than I was comfortable with anyway.

Upon inspection of the receipt and order form, I saw two items had different prices and one item listed on the original didn't have a price next to it so it wasn't included in that total. I have a call to the lady I ordered from, but haven't heard back yet.

My excitement now is totally gone and I feel like taking the whole lot back. Except I've already been using the tinted lip treatment. I'll keep that. But I have this very deflated feeling about it all now.

Now what?

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I can relate. I would be mad and want an explanation at least.

AM Kingsfield said...

People expect they'll get away with things and the customer won't notice. We're all counting on you to complain! But now you have a hassle to add to your already overflowing to-do list. Sorry!

just me said...

I would return it all. Sounds like deceptive marketing to me. Even if you used one of the products. They have no right ripping you off like that.

Makeup costs way too much anyway.

Mom said...

One of the many reasons i never wear make-up.

carmilevy said...

It's the old 80/20 rule. Retailers know only 20% (or sometimes 10%) of folks will raise a ruckus over an obvious error in the store's favor. So for the one in five they risk alienating, they figure the other 4 are driving the bottom line.

The cynic in me thinks this is terrible, and their kindergarten teachers would be very disappointed in them.

Time to not only return it, but to send a letter to senior management explaining why you won't shop there again, and how you've shared the details of the experience on your blog. That'll get their attention, and maybe improve matters for future customers.

Firefly Nights said...

One nice thing about Mary Kay, if the customer isn't happy, we take their stuff back.