Monday, September 11, 2006

Autism Isn't Black and White


I finished this quilt top last night. It's made with puzzle fabric and letter fabric, two of my autistic son's favorite things. This is intended as a wallhanging for his room although my husband thinks I should make another for an Autism research fundraiser. I love the puzzle fabric, I'll probably have to buy more regardless of its future. I plan to bind this quilt in the red from the center block.

The problem is I don't know how to quilt it, pattern or which color thread. Given the busy-ness of the fabric, I'm not sure I want elaborate quilting, but I cannot think of what to do.

Any ideas?

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Wooooowwwww!! That's a really great quilt! Your husband is right...you need to make another!

Could you quilt in filament thread, so it doesn't show? Maybe just along the seams?

Jaye said...

Fantastic quilt. Thanks for sharing. I would just quilt diagonal lines. The piecing is so wonderful that I would quilt it in a way that won't detract.

greeny said...

That is so cool. I am always appreciative of someone with hand-work abilities!
I don't have any suggestions but you'll figure it out, I'm sure.
And I second your husband's idea of another quilt.

g said...

Wow! That is awesome!

Mom said...

That is beautiful! Make another one
Sue