Friday, October 08, 2010

I'm knitting again...


These are scrap yarn footies made from the left-overs from all those socks I knitted for Christmas presents three or four years ago. After Fern shrunk the wool+bamboo pair I just finished (to a size a four-year-old could wear), I had to make another pair with a blend that won't shrink.

These are the first socks I've made toe-up. I used a provisional cast-on and a short-row toe, both firsts for me. I like learning new things, keeps me young. Right? My daughter's ice skating coach thought I was 39. Love her.

I have too many unfinished quilts to be back into knitting. Oh well. I'll get tired of this soon.

Probably right before that large ebay order of yarn arrives. Right?
 

2 comments:

Librally Yours said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Those socks are pretty cool and it's that time of year to think about wool on our feet unfortunately.
I am amazed that bamboo can be made into something so soft and beautiful as yarn. Am I easily amazed?