Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Iceland, October 2003

With all the news these days involving the volcano in Iceland, I thought I'd post some old pictures of one of my trips there.

The view north from the 4-star Nordica Hotel. Hilton runs it now, but the view is the same.


My friend and I rented a car and drove up to the Snæfellsnes peninsula on this particular trip. Reykjavik sits on the Reykjanes peninsula, the Snæfellsnes is the next one to the north. This little church was along the way.

Icelandic pony

Sheep crossing

Small roadside rest stop. Yes, that's grass on the roof.

Rugged sea-side cliff.

Color! I'm always drawn to the bright colors of yarn shops.


A shopping street, downtown Reykjavik

I took pictures of some of the more touristy places on our previous trip, but this was before I had a digital camera and I have no idea where the prints even are. What a different world back then.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I read this post, I thought "Why am I not surprised Anne has been to Iceland!". That's not supposed to sound like Im jealous...but I am.
How cool, literally!

Jaye said...

Gorgeous photos! I'd like to go to Iceland sometime.